I have another flourless and nut free cookie for you!! And...these are anti-inflammatory cookies!! If you have not heard of turmeric or curcumin and all of it's benefits...you must go google it now! I try to get turmeric in my diet daily and supplement with it as well. I use the spice on meat, the root in my green drinks or in my ginger lemonade. Ginger is also a health super star for many reasons and pairs well with turmeric! Adding a bit of black pepper to whatever you are adding turmeric to, it increases turmeric's bioavailability. That is why you will find black pepper in this recipe...and I wanted to give it a bit of bite!
Ginger Turmeric Cookies
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened (also known as coconut manna or coconut creme concentrate)*
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener, I used Swerve
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp or more black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Place the coconut butter, egg and vanilla in a food processor and combine
- Add in the sweetener, soda and all spices, blend until combined
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet**
- Press each cookie down with your palm, these don't spread much
- Bake at 350 or 10-15 minutes or until a bit brown
- These cookies are fragile when warm, so let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove and let them cool completely on a cooling rack. They will harden up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container
*To soften the coconut butter, place the jar in a saucepan filled with water over medium heat. Make sure you have removed the top layer of coconut oil, save it for another use. Don't melt the butter completely, just soften it.
**If dough does not form into a ball because it is too runny, place batter in the fridge for a few minutes to harden it.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
I have switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals! The European Union bans about 1,400 chemicals and the US bans 11 in an unregulated industry! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are safe, non toxic, but are still anti-aging and work!!! The makeup is chic, on trend and high performing! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! Their mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone! I feel compelled to help educate and share this mission!