I randomly made this cookie recipe for my boyfriend when I was recently in Arizona...and I ended up eating just about all of them!!! I rarely eat peanut butter, prefer almond butter, but dang these were good!!! I even made another test batch when I came home and added dark chocolate chips, YUM!!!!!! There's just something about peanut butter and chocolate that no other nut or seed butter can compare to! The peanut butter can easily be substituted for any nut or seed butter and I highly suggest adding some chocolate chips!!
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 15Ingredients
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I used fresh grind, no added oils)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener, palm sugar or maple sugar (Swerve for no sugar option)*
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (use less if using jarred nut butter that is salted)
- 1/3-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk the egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl
- Add the nut butter, sweetener and salt and combine
- Fold in chocolate chips (optional)
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Using a fork, press the dough in both directions to make the criss cross marks
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
- Store in an airtight container...if there are even any left!!
*I used about 1/2 cup Swerve and a tbsp of palm sugar.
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!