Easter is just about here, so it's time to share some brunch recipes with you. This Strawberry Lemon Muffin recipe is quick and easy (except for the zesting of a lemon) and the muffins can be enjoyed hot out of the oven or a day or two later. Warm and buttered or simply plain, you can't go wrong serving these at your Easter Brunch!
So often when you see lemon in the title of a muffin recipe, you think poppyseeds or blueberries are involved as well. I decided to do something different and pair strawberries with the lemon. I actually made these two different ways, one with lemon and one without. The consensus was they were both great but the lemon had maybe a bit more flavor. Feel free to leave out the lemon. The cooking time may be a few minutes less since some moisture (lemon juice) is taken out.
Recipe: Strawberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour (Honeyville)
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (refined)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- Combine the almond flour, salt and soda in a large mixing bowl
- In a different bowl, beat the eggs, honey and oil. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and vanilla
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, stir until combined
- Carefully fold in the strawberries
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin, fill to the top
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until tops are golden brown
Makes 6 large muffins
Quick Notes *I used Nature's Hollow Xylitol Honey for a lower sugar option and they tasted great!!!
Store in a tightly covered container, I like to use glass containers. They should last for at least 5 days at room temperature.