This has to be one of my favorite cookie recipes that I have created!! They taste so buttery even though there's no butter in them, they are made with virgin coconut oil and melt in your mouth. I used my favorite virgin coconut oil from Tropical Traditions and they want to give a lucky reader a free 32 ounce jar of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Win 1 quart of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America's source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.
To enter to win, you must subscribe to Tropical Traditions newsletter and comment on this blog post with what you would make or do with the coconut oil if you win. They do not sell any info and this will allow you to receive email updates of all of their sales...they have a lot! I order so many things from them including their farm fresh soy free eggs, grass-fed ground beef, coconut oil, flour and cream. The winner will be randomly chosen on March 6th.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Cashew Coconut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup granulated sweetener*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla beans, about 2 beans
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, just shy of
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Place the cashews and coconut in a food processor and pulse until a coarse sand texture is created
- Add the sweetener, vanilla beans, salt and soda and pulse until combined
- Add in the oil and coconut milk and pulse again to form a dough
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place balls of dough on a parchment cookie sheet and press down slightly on each dough ball. They will spread more in the oven
- Place an additional cookie sheet under the other sheet to prevent the bottoms of the cookies from browning too much
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until slightly brown
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes to set then place them on a cooling rack to get crisp
- Store in an airtight container
*I used about 1/2 cup of Swerve and a tablespoon of coconut palm sugar to make these low in sugar.
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!