It has been really hot here in Colorado the past few days, so it's ice cream season for sure!! Even though I eat ice cream year round since it's so easy and delicious to make! I have the smaller Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and love it!!! It has been worth every penny and it's not even that badly priced!
Fourth of July came around and I was in charge of the dessert. Since it's been so hot I wanted to do an ice cream dessert. I was looking at gluten filled recipes to get some crust inspiration and then it hit me...use my Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe as the pie crust!! I chose to add chocolate chips to the recipe to get some more chocolate in there...everything's better with more chocolate in my world!! The peanut butter ice cream is simply adding peanut butter to vanilla ice cream. I'm not going to lie, I actually bought a quart of ice cream from Whole Foods that was full of dairy so I wouldn't be able to eat dessert! I wanted my treat to be tortilla chips and guacamole instead of this pie!! I also chose peanut butter since it's most people's favorite even though I don't eat it often. This will work and be delicious with any nut or seed butter, so feel swap out the peanut butter for the ice cream, the cookie crust and the nut topping!
Dairy Free Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- 1 batch of Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1 batch of Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream (or a quart of store bought)
- 1/2 cup additional peanut butter (I buy fresh grind)
- 1/4 cup additional chocolate chips for drizzle (Enjoy Life Brand for dairy free)
- 1/4 cup peanuts for topping
- Prepare the cookie recipe and spread the dough into a pie dish, pressing up the sides
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Less time means softer crust
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. This can be done the night before and stored in the refrigerator
- Prepare the ice cream, but blend in the peanut butter before you run it thru the ice cream maker or freeze it. If you bought the ice cream, blend or stir in the peanut butter.
- Scoop the softened ice cream into the pie crust and swirl around. Place it in the freezer to harden
- Once the ice cream has hardened, place the chocolate chips in a double broiler to melt. With a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the pie.
- Sprinkle the nuts in the middle or all over the pie
- Refreeze until you are ready to serve. You may need to allow it to soften up before cutting into it, but the peanut butter seems to keep it from freezing rock hard
Any nut or seed butter will work in this recipe!
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
I have switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals! The European Union bans about 1,400 chemicals and the US bans 11 in an unregulated industry! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are safe, non toxic, but are still anti-aging and work!!! The makeup is chic, on trend and high performing! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! Their mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone! I feel compelled to help educate and share this mission!