As I have mentioned before, I have a slight, ok major addiction to Justin's Nut Butters. I have realized that I can not buy a jar of it until I am sure I can eat it in moderation. It seriously tastes like frosting, have you tried the Vanilla Almond Butter flavor yet? I keep hoping he will come out with a cashew butter, but he hasn't. Cashews tend to be a sweeter nut and I think they would be a great addition to his line, especially a chocolate cashew butter...yum!!!
Instead of waiting on him, I created my own!! I tried to make it a bit less addictive but it's still pretty darn good. It's a perfect addition to sliced apples or spread on top of the Grain Free "Wheat" Crackers, Grain Free Honey "Wheat" Crackers or just by the spoonful!
Recipe: Maple Vanilla Cashew Butter
- 2 cups roasted unsalted cashews*
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder or 1-2 vanilla bean pods (substitute vanilla extract to taste)
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar, powdered*
- Place the nuts in a food processor or Vitamix blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and blend until combined
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It will harden a bit so remove a few minutes before serving if you want it softened
*I buy raw cashews and roast them on a dry cookie sheet in the oven at 450 for about 5 minutes. You can certainly buy them roasted.
*Run the coconut sugar through the Vitamix or coffee grinder before hand to powder it. I may work to skip this step but the cashew butter may be a bit gritty. I actually like that!Variations
Feel free to try this with any nut or a combination of nuts!