If you like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, you are definitely going to like this treat! I typically opt for almond butter or some other nut butter over peanut butter in my diet. This could easily be made with any other nut butter but I felt peanut butter is what goes best with bananas. Didn't Elvis make that sandwich famous?
I've decided that you just can't go wrong with peanut butter mixed with just about anything!!! This is such an easy grain free treat that has some protein to keep blood sugar levels from going crazy. This is a much better choice than any other peanut butter cups you can buy!
Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana CupsIngredients
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter (I prefer the fresh grind)
- Between 1/8 and 1/4 cup honey or Swerve for no sugar option
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 tsp coconut oil, melted (refined for no taste, virgin for coconut taste)
- 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp sea salt (omit if using jarred peanut butter with added salt)
- Cut the banana into slices between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Place a bit of peanut butter to cover the bottom of each hole in a mini muffin tray*
- Place a banana slice into each hole on top of the peanut butter
- With a spoon, scoop the peanut butter onto each banana slice and cover completely
- Place in the freezer to set
- Store in the frig or freezer
*I prefer using a silicone mini muffin tray. It's easier to bend and get the cups out. I also use these for molding chocolates and baking muffins. It's worth the tiny investment!
Makes about 12 cups
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!