Who doesn't love raw chocolate chip cookie dough! I think I almost like it better than the cookies. These little gluten free treats are full or protein and can be made with or without the chocolate coating. This recipe was created for raw dough in mind, it is not an actual cookie recipe of mine. I do not know if these will turn out if you choose to cook them. They do not have baking soda in them so they may be a bit flat, but still good I imagine!
I added vanilla egg white protein to these just like I did with the Peanut Butter Protein Balls. It is an option, but adds additional protein to this treat and you would never know it's in there! I am going to be experimenting with plain egg white protein in the next couple months. I think it's a great way to get some additional protein in recipes without knowing it's there! It's like cooking with egg whites so it should be an easy adjustment in recipes for me. If you haven't yet, try some of the recipes I have already created with the added protein. Grain Free Thin Pancakes, Peanut Butter Protein Balls, Grain Free Almond Nut Joy Granola and Grain Free Banana Nut Granola.
Recipe: Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough TrufflesIngredients
- 1 cup almond flour (I used Bob's)
- 1/4 cup vanilla egg white protein or use additional almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (refined for no flavor, virgin for coconut taste)
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk such as coconut milk (omit if using honey or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla (2 tsp if not using vanilla protein powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioner's or powdered (run through blender or coffee grinder) Swerve, coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Chocolate Coating (optional)
- Mix flour, protein powder, salt and sweetener in a bowl
- In a smaller bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and pour into the dry and mix well
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll into inch size balls and place on a plate or lined cookie sheet
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- In a double broiler or in a saucepan placed over simmering water, melt the chips and cacao butter or oil
- Once melted, remove from heat and dip each ball into the chocolate with a spoon and return to the plate or cookie sheet
- Place the balls back into the freezer for the chocolate to set
- Store in the frig or freezer
Makes about 12 truffles
If you are hesitant to buy egg white protein, don't be! I promise you will put it to good use in my recipes and not to mention all the benefits in protein from eggs!!
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!