If you enjoy the Grain Free "Wheat" Crackers, you will also enjoy these slightly sweetened grain free crackers! I thought it would be cute to make heart shaped crackers for Valentine's Day, but these can be made into any shape a cookie cutter comes in or just plain squares.
Recipe: Grain Free Honey "Wheat" Crackers
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (I used Bob's)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP macadamia nut oil (or refined coconut oil)
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine flour, chopped almonds (use a food processor to pulse into very small pieces/meal), flax and 1/2 tsp sea salt in a bowl
- Whisk an egg and add honey and oil, combine into flour mixture
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and place another piece on top of the dough
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into 1 1/2 inch squares (makes about 24 crackers). You can also use a cookie cutter
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or desired crispiness
Making any of the cracker recipes into different shapes is a great idea for kids. These are a MUCH healthier option that goldfish! Enjoy!