I pretty much love all things peanut butter and this cookie is no different! This recipe came about after falling in love with Kite Hill's Dairy Free Cream Cheese made from almond milk (the chive flavor is amazing as well). So not only is this recipe grain free, it's dairy free too!!
I haven't had cream cheese in decades after eliminating for many reasons. So often I have come across sugar cookie recipes made with cream cheese and am always bummed I can't try them. The added cream cheese adds creaminess and moisture to a baked good along with acting as the fat in the recipe. After discovering and loving this cream cheese....I may be creating many cookie and baked goods in the months to come! These Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookies are just the beginning!! I would describe these as a mild peanut butter soft batch cookie that melts in your mouth!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 8 oz Kite Hill Cream Cheese (full fat cream cheese will work)
- 1 generous cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve and coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 scant cup cassava flour (I used Otto's)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cream together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and soda and add to the wet ingredients
- Roll dough (should be thick) into 1- 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press down the dough with your palm or use a fork like traditional peanut butter cookies. They do not spread very much, so they will be about the size you press them into.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet
- Store in an airtight glass container
I buy Kite Hill Cream Cheese from Whole Foods or Natural Grocers. You can find Otto's Cassava Flour online or from Natural Grocers
Many of you know I am a consultant with Beautycounter and advocate for more health protective laws in the personal care industry. An industry that includes over 10,000 chemicals with only 10% of those being tested for human health! An industry that has banned 1,400 ingredients in the European Union while the U.S has only banned 30 to date! I feel I have an enormous responsibility to educate and empower you to make changes to safer products for you and your family. We deserve better! Beautycounter has banned 1,500 ingredients and is not only safe, but also high performing!
I am giving away one of the new Beautycounter + Collections! A Collection of targeted MASKS, MIST and OILS formulated with SAFER INGREDIENTS to enhance your current skincare regimen! Products to BRIGHTEN, PLUMP and BALANCE the skin. See more about the line here: http://bit.ly/BCPLUS
To enter, join my NEW Better Beauty~ Safer Skincare Group and comment on the Beautycounter + Giveaway Post!! Join here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/264686570609990/
I will be posting about: Beauycounter products and my favorite clean beauty products outside of Beautycounter, educational articles and tools, makeup tutorials, product GIVEAWAYS and MONTHLY PROMOS, clean living ideas, recipes for nourishing the skin from the inside out, DIY ideas and more!
Thank you so much for all your continued support!!! Please message me with any product questions!!