I am a HUGE fan of Justin's Nut Butters, especially his new Vanilla Almond Butter. It's like frosting and we all know how much I love frosting! I was fortunate enough to meet Justin in Boulder where the company is based. He is such a nice guy so supporting him is easy!
This Almond Coconut Spread reminds me of Justin's products, but is different in terms of ingredients. I had an idea based off a peanut butter dip recipe my mom makes when she entertains. I knew it was a success when it became as addicting as Justin's! When you don't need an apple slice or cracker to spread it on, just a spoon, you have a winner!!
Recipe: Almond Coconut Spread
- 3/4 cup almond butter (I use the fresh grind from Whole Foods or you could make your own)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3- 1/2 cup powdered (run through blender or coffee grinder) Lakanto* or powdered coconut sugar. You could also use honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar to taste)
- 2 TBSP Coconut Cream/Butter (could probably use virgin coconut oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Dash of sea salt (omit if using jarred almond with added salt)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend for a couple minutes
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
- The spread with thicken up in the frig
*You don't have to powder the Lakanto or Wholesome Sweeteners Zero, but it will result in a bit of grittiness.
This treat could be used in so many different ways! It is awesome on apples, could do bananas or any other fruit, spread on grain free crepes with strawberries and roll it up. Spread it on these Grain Free "Wheat" Crackers, use as a frosting or simply eat it out of the jar! Let us all know what other tasty treats you come up with!!!