One of the many things I miss going gluten free, are crackers and crispy snack foods. Here is a basic cracker recipe that would be perfect to spread some nut butter, egg salad, chicken salad or any dip on. Check out my Almond Coconut Spread, so good on these!!!!
Elana's Pantry has numerous cracker recipes and was my inspiration to create my own variety of crackers. My Spicy Rosemary Cashew Crackers recipe is one of my favorites, a must try if you haven't yet!
Recipe: Grain Free "Wheat" Crackers
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (I used Bob's)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP macadamia nut oil (or refined coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Couple pinches of coarse sea salt
- Combine flour, chopped almonds (use a food processor to pulse into very small pieces), flax and 1/2 tsp sea salt in a bowl
- Whisk an egg and add oil, combine into flour mixture
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and place another piece on top of the dough
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into 1 1/2 inch squares (makes about 24 crackers)
- Rub a couple pinches of coarse sea salt on top of dough
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or desired crispiness
Let us know how you like to top your Grain Free "Wheat" Crackers!