One last holiday cookie recipe for you. These have a bit more sugar in them than I normally prefer due to the candy canes...but I did use all natural candy canes that don't have corn syrup and are colored naturally!
Recipe: Flourless Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup crushed natural candy canes (5-6 canes)
- Combine the cocoa, soda and salt in a bowl, set aside
- Place sweetener and butter in a food processor or a large bowl and mix well
- Add in the egg (whisk if using a mixing bowl) and vanilla
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine until mixed well
- Fold in candy canes (batter should be thick)
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into a ball and place dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not press down, they will spread
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack
We think these are best thin and crispy. If you want them thicker, try refrigerating the dough to harden the butter before cooking
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!