One last holiday cookie recipe for you. These have a bit more sugar in them than I normally prefer due to the candy canes...but I did use all natural candy canes that don't have corn syrup and are colored naturally!
Recipe: Flourless Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup crushed natural candy canes (5-6 canes)
- Combine the cocoa, soda and salt in a bowl, set aside
- Place sweetener and butter in a food processor or a large bowl and mix well
- Add in the egg (whisk if using a mixing bowl) and vanilla
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine until mixed well
- Fold in candy canes (batter should be thick)
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into a ball and place dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not press down, they will spread
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack
We think these are best thin and crispy. If you want them thicker, try refrigerating the dough to harden the butter before cooking
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! You will love it!!