These rock!!! So easy, so scrumptious and low sugar when you use Swerve...my favorite natural sugar alternative! The final product is a dense cookie with a bit of a crunch. Your chocolate craving and sweet tooth will definitely be cured!
This cookie recipe is perfect for those of you that are nut-free and there's a dairy free option. This sparked another idea for a flourless cookie recipe...stayed tuned, especially if you aren't a chocolate person!ned cookie sheets, it should spread out some. I used the spoon to spread to desired size.
Makes 8 large cookies or 12 small cookies
Recipe: Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1-2 egg whites (I used 2 pastured eggs from Tropical Traditionswhich can be smaller in size)
- 1/3 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener ( I used almost all Confectioner’s Swerve with a bit of coconut palm sugar)*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips**
- Beat whites (start with one) and vanilla for a few seconds until bubbly
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar and salt, beat until combined. Batter should be like a thick brownie batter consistency. If it seems too runny, add some more cocoa or sugar. If it seems too thick, add a bit more egg white. You really can’t mess these up!
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Spoon batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets, it should spread out some. I used the spoon to spread to desired size.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes until centers looks done
- Let cool on the cookie sheet. Warm cookies will not come off parchment paper cleanly
**Use Enjoy Life’s Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or Chunks for a Dairy Free option.
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!