I'm so busy baking that all I have time to type is...THESE ROCK!!!! Enjoy this nut-free treat this holiday season with no guilt when you use Swerve!!! I suggest doubling this recipe, they are that good!! They aren't exactly Girl Scout Thin Mints, but they are much better for you and taste amazing!!
Recipe: Flourless Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 1/2 -2 pastured egg whites (depending on egg size)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup cocoa powder (depending on how large eggs are)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used 3/4 cup Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint flavor*
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Chunks for dairy free option)
- 1/8 tsp peppermint flavor
- Whisk the egg whites, stir in the cocoa powder, sugar and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and salt. The batter should be brownie batter like consistency. Add more cocoa or sweetener if it needs to be thicker.
- Spoon out about 2 tablespoons worth of batter onto parchment lined cookie sheet. The batter will spread just slightly when baked, so spoon and swirl the batter into desired cookie size.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and harden for a few minutes before you try to remove them from the parchment. Place cookies in the frig or freezer to harden up and cool off before coating in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peppermint flavor in a double broiler (glass bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Dip each cookie in the melted chocolate, use a fork to toss and turn the cookie until fully coated
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Notes: *I used Simply Organic Peppermint Flavor in this recipe. Other brands of mint or peppermint extracts may not be as strong and you may need to use more to taste.