I'm so busy baking that all I have time to type is...THESE ROCK!!!! Enjoy this nut-free treat this holiday season with no guilt when you use Swerve!!! I suggest doubling this recipe, they are that good!! They aren't exactly Girl Scout Thin Mints, but they are much better for you and taste amazing!!
Recipe: Flourless Thin Mint Cookies
- 1 1/2 -2 pastured egg whites (depending on egg size)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup cocoa powder (depending on how large eggs are)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used 3/4 cup Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint flavor*
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Chunks for dairy free option)
- 1/8 tsp peppermint flavor
- Whisk the egg whites, stir in the cocoa powder, sugar and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract and salt. The batter should be brownie batter like consistency. Add more cocoa or sweetener if it needs to be thicker.
- Spoon out about 2 tablespoons worth of batter onto parchment lined cookie sheet. The batter will spread just slightly when baked, so spoon and swirl the batter into desired cookie size.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and harden for a few minutes before you try to remove them from the parchment. Place cookies in the frig or freezer to harden up and cool off before coating in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips and peppermint flavor in a double broiler (glass bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Dip each cookie in the melted chocolate, use a fork to toss and turn the cookie until fully coated
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Notes: *I used Simply Organic Peppermint Flavor in this recipe. Other brands of mint or peppermint extracts may not be as strong and you may need to use more to taste.
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a discount. If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!