Ok, I'm not going to lie, this doesn't taste anything like glutinous garlic bread. The recipe is so similar to garlic bread but just on squash and I couldn't think of anything else to call it. I absolutely love summer squash and eat it on a regular basis either sauteed or as oven fries. This is an easy way to add some vegetables to your meal and can be spruced up with some freshly grated parmesan or mozzerella cheese if you can tolerate dairy. I can't but it sure does sound good!!
Recipe: Garlic Squash "Bread"
- 2 large yellow summer squash
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or organic butter, melted
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Slice the squash lengthwise in half like you would with garlic bread. Then cut each half in half again
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and brush oil or melted butter on the top of each piece
- Sprinkle the garlic and sea salt onto each piece (add cheese at this time)
- Bake at 400 for about 8 minutes then remove to add parsley. Turn to oven to broil and place squash back into the oven for 2-4 more minutes until browned
I know this may not be bread, but at least after you eat 4 pieces you won't feel guilty and bloated!!