This is my favorite way to fix string beans. You can find them as the traditional green bean and also as the rare yellow string bean. I typically only see the yellow at the farmers markets, but was lucky enough to find them at the Whole Foods in Scottsdale. I'm not sure what, if there is any, the difference is between the two. I do know they taste a bit different. I think the yellow are less beany tasting, less vegetable tasting. I don't know how to describe the difference. I prefer the yellow, but seem to think the green might be better for me. Green beans are much easier to find so I will be sticking to those until some yellow beans pop up at this years farmer's markets.
Recipe: Green Bean Fries
- 1 lb green beans
- Spectrum Coconut Oil Spray or a bit of coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste (or any other seasonings)
- Clean the beans and snap off the ends, towel dry
- Place the beans on a parchment lined cookie sheet, single layer
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until brown. Feel free to turn on the broiler for a minute or two to brown even more