Happy Valentine's Day! I'll keep it short and sweet today. Here's what I will be treating myself to and not feeling the least bit guilty about! It's the last day of chocolate recipes for a bit, so enjoy!!!
Recipe: Nutty Fudge
- 2 cups of raw nuts (I use almonds and cashews)
- 3/4 cup nut butter (I use fresh grind almond butter)
- 2/3 cup virgin or refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2/3 cups dark chocolate chips or broken chocolate bar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup powdered Swerve, or coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt (omit if using a salted nut butter)
- In a food processor, chop the nuts until they are in small pieces
- In a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water, melt the coconut oil, cocoa powder and chocolate chips
- Add chocolate mixture, nut butter, vanilla, salt and sugar to food processor and mix well
- Pour mixture into chocolate molds or into a pan. Size of pan can vary depending on how thick you want the fudge to be
- Place in the freezer to set. Best to store in the freezer too
Run whatever sugar you choose to use through a blender or spice/coffee grinder to powder it. If you choose not to, it will result in grainy fudge. Liquid sweetener would probably work fine in this too.
Wishing you all lots of love today and everyday!
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! You will love it!!