Roasted brussels sprouts are one of my favorite cooked vegetables. Any way you spice them, I'll like them! I saw a recipe for Oregano Brussels Sprouts from 101 Cookbooks and had to try it. I made a few changes and loved the way they came out.
Recipe: Oregano Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil (no coconut flavor or use all olive oil)
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Cut off stems of the sprouts and cut in half or quarters depending on their size and place in a mixing bowl
- Add oils, oregano, parsley and garlic to a food processor and pulse until herbs and garlic are very small pieces
- Pour mixture over the sprouts and mix well so all sprouts are covered
- Add salt to the mixture and stir
- Spread the sprouts out on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes depending on the size of the sprouts. Stir them after 15-20 minutes
Makes about 4 servings
The browner and crispier the better. Make sure to scrape the cookie sheet with a spatula to get all the garlic and herbs that are stuck on it. Enjoy!