Happy Earth Day!!! Asparagus is in season and on sale!!! I love asparagus simply roasted or sauteed with sea salt. The one downfall...why does it have to make your pee smell immediately?? Did you know you either have the gene or not that allows you the pleasure ofsmelling it? I thought the gene determined if the pee actually smelled, but apparently everyone's smells. Who knew?
Enough about that!!! Here is a little twist on roasting asparagus if you're looking for a new way to fix it! I made this about 6 months ago and am just getting around to posting it...I like creating and posting baked goods so much more!
Basalmic Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oil (melted coconut oil, olive oil or toasted sesame oil for a bit of spice)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Spread oil onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and roll the asparagus in the oil
- Place the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle the sesame seeds over them
- Roast in the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes, check frequently to make sure it’s not getting over cooked and too tender
- While that is roasting, combine the vinegar, coconut aminos and red pepper flakes in a small bowl
- Remove asparagus and drizzle it with mixture and serve