I am starting to wonder why it took me so long to start cooking with a crockpot! It can make meals so quick, easy and ready for you when you arrive home from a long day. Plus, it's fantastic for making bone broth! I was inspired to make this cashew chicken by this recipe that I found on Pinterest, but made quite a few changes to remove the sugars, gluten and a few other things. Speaking of Pinterst, if you are on there and addicted like me, come follow me. Although this recipe was done in a crock pot, I think you could probably make this on the stove or in the oven as well. Let me know if any of you try this! I just don't think you can go wrong when cashews are involved!
Recipe: Cashew Chicken
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated (A Microplane is my favorite for this and zesting)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Add the chicken pieces and onion to the crockpot
- In a bowl, mix together all of the remaining ingredients except the cashews
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and mix so the chicken is coated
- Set temperature to low and cook for 3-4 hours
- Add in the cashews and serve
Double the sauce if you want some extra to put over vegetables.