Holiday favorite to many, including myself. I can't imagine downing a glass of the real stuff right now. My stomach, sinuses and skin would hate me for days!!! As good as it tastes, it's so not worth it. I was thrilled to see So Delicious come out with their eggnog this season made from coconut milk. I was not thrilled to see the amount of sugar in it. Inspired by a few recipes out there, I decided to take on the challenge of creating my own and liked the result. It's not as thick and heavy as regular eggnog, but it's better on the belly!
Recipe: Dairy-Free Eggnog
- Separate the yolks into a mixing bowl, whisk and set aside (you can save the whites to make a whipped topping)
- In medium size pot, combine everything but the yolks
- Cook on medium heat stirring often so milk doesn't burn. Once it reaches a boil, cook for 5 more minutes
- Turn heat to low and add half the mixture to bowl of yolks, whisking to combine. Pour that bowl back into pot and cook for 5 more minutes
- Chill and serve plain or with booze
- Whisk egg whites with a bit of maple syrup or coconut sugar until small peaks form
You can also use homemade almond or coconut milk but I think the milks I used added a bit more vanilla flavor to it. If you don't have vanilla beans, add a little more extract to taste.
This could be sweetened with maple syrup or coconut sugar as well.
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!