It is Pumpkin Palooza time!!! Every recipe on Pinterest and Facebook seem to be fall related and involve a lot of pumpkin!!! I have a couple of hopefully unique recipes to share this fall season...including these Flourless Pumpkin Cookies with a chocolate chip option!! Many people have requested nut free recipes, hence my addiction to coconut butter based goodies! I do have to admit, these would be darn good with almond butter too, so feel free to use it in place of the coconut butter.
These little good for you fat bombs can be enjoyed guilt free when you use my favorite sweetener Swerve! My mom described these like taking a bite of pumpkin pie. They are moist and melt in your mouth delicious!! These cookies are super easy to make and have a short list of ingredients! Enjoy
Flourless Pumpkin Cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp clove
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional (Use Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips)
- Place the coconut butter, pumpkin and egg in a food processor and combine until smooth
- Add in the sweetener, spices and salt and mix well
- Place the batter in a bowl and stir in chocolate chips (optional)
- Spoon the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Slightly press down the dough since these will not spread. If dough is too sticky, bake for a few minutes, remove and then you will be able to press down
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
- Remove cookies and place on a cooling rack to set up
- Store in an airtight container, I prefer a glass jar
*To soften the coconut butter, place the jar into a saucepan filed with water. Heat over medium heat until it has softened.
We like cinnamon and spice, you may start with less of each and increase to desired taste. Any nut butter will work in place of the coconut butter. Almond butter would be awesome!!
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
I have switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals! The European Union bans about 1,400 chemicals and the US bans 11 in an unregulated industry! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are safe, non toxic, but are still anti-aging and work!!! The makeup is chic, on trend and high performing! Check out Beautycounter for more info!! Their mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone! I feel compelled to help educate and share this mission!