As many of you know, a good grain free bread recipe is hard to find! Elana from Elana's Pantry has a few grain free recipes as well as Against all Grains that use nut butter for their base. I wanted to create something with minimal amounts of nuts. Using coconut as my filler, this came out GREAT!!! Coconut is a bit sweet so I went towards a sweeter bread. It probably turned out sweeter than I plained, but there was no complaining by anyone!!! Feel free to decrease the sweetener or leave it out completely. This bread comes out super moist and would be a real treat with some melted grass-fed butter on top!!!
Recipe: Coconut Sweet Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup granulated sweetener such as coconut palm sugar (I used 1/2 cup Swerve for low sugar option)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 1//2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine the first 6 dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to get rid of the clumps from the coconut flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and vinegar
- Combine the two bowls and stir until well combined and smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Baking soda and vinegar is what is the rising agent in this. They begin to act as soon as they are combined and you will want to get the bread in the oven as soon as you pour the batter into pan. Make sure your oven is preheated and ready to go!!
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!