This is hardly a recipe but I wanted to share it. I am sure you have seen all the hoopla around kale chips. There are so many recipes out there for different variations and now you can find them in the raw food section of many health food stores. I looove them and can eat an entire batch of them in one sitting.
Collards greens make for an incredibly tasty chip as well! I really like using these greens for the ease of spreading flavors and oils on them. Collards are huge flat leaves so they are easier to clean and work with. They are part of the cruciferous vegetable family such as, broccoli, kale and cabbage, I am sure you have heard all of the health benefits of cruciferous vegetables, so add collard greens to the mix for some variety!
Recipe: Spicy Collard Green Chips
- 1 bunch of collard greens
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
- Tear the greens into pieces (they will decrease in size as they cook so don't tear them too small)
- Combine the leaves, oil and hot sauce in a bowl and massage the greens with the mixture so each piece is covered
- Spread single layer onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for about 6-8 minutes or until a hint of brown
- Let cool completely before storing. Do not pile on top of each other to cool, they will retain moisture and become soggy
- Store in a glass container
It's ok if you eat the entire batch, for reals!!