I had left over white chocolate chips from the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies so I decided to put them to use instead of eating them all myself! I think there are numerous things I could have paired with white chocolate and come out with a yummy result. I went with fruit sweetened dried cranberries that I found in the bulk section at Whole Foods. Vitamin Cottage sells them as well, just make sure you are getting fruit sweetened, not the ones with added white sugar.
You really could do any dried fruit as long as the fruit pieces are small (raisin size). Larger fruit pieces tend to create too much moisture around them, plus when they are smaller you feel like you are getting so many more pieces in every bite! Feel free to use larger fruits like strawberries or cherries, just cut them in half. I wouldn't suggest frozen or fresh for the same reason, adds too much moisture to the recipe. Almond flour is so moist compared to regular flour that it requires decreases inliquid amounts to have a recipe turn out right. Biscotti is supposed to be a crunchy cookie so added moisture will make it soft in the middle.
I have had a few people ask me about printing my recipes from the website. Here's how to do it. You can click on each individual recipe (Click on the title of the recipe, it turns green and it will take you to a page where only that recipe is shown) and at the bottom of the page under my signature, it will read "Print This Recipe". Click on that and it will be in a print format so you don't print the entire web page. I will soon have "Pin It" as an option for each recipe for all of you that use Pinterest to organize your recipes.
Recipe: White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour (honeyville)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- couple dashes of sea salt
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 egg white
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1 egg, oil and honey
- Stir in the almond extract, set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda and salt
- Add the dry into the liquid and mix well with a spoon
- Fold in the cranberries and chips
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. Shape into 2 ovalish loaves about 9x4x1 on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl and brush the tops and sides with the white (This makes it shiny on top and you will have some left over)
- Bake at 350 on the bottom rack for about 20-24 minutes, until golden brown
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes
- Lower oven temperature to 300
- Using a serrated knife, slice the loaves diagonally into 1 inch slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet, placing them on their sides.
- Bake at 300 for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until brown.
- Turn off oven and let them sit in there until cool. This will allow them to get crispier. It may look like they are getting too done, remember that almond flour browns easier than regular flour.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Makes 12-15 servings.
Now that I have biscotti making down, look for many more flavors to come! Let me know what your favorite biscotti flavor is and I will try to create it!!
If you want to try Swerve or need to order more, use coupon code KATE10 for a 10% discount. Swerve is my favorite sugar replacement. It is the only sugar alcohol that will not cause tummy troubles and it does not raise blood glucose levels.
If you are an Amazon shopper, would you be so kind to use my affiliate link to make your purchases. It is at no cost to you, it does provide a tiny kickback to Kate’s Healthy Cupboard. This allows me to continue making and testing recipes for free. Thanks so much!!
*I have recently switched all of my skincare and makeup to a company that is free of 1,500 chemicals!! I am so particular about what goes into my body, I need to be just as picky as to what goes on my body! Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream faster than the gut does! I am vain when it comes to my skin and was so thrilled to find products that are anti-aging and work!!! Check out BeautyCounter for more info!! You will love it!!