I really wanted to call this a BLATE lettuce wrap but figured people would have no clue what the heck it was. You have hopefully heard of a BLAT, a BLT with avocado. Well I took it a step further and added some diced up hard boiled eggs to increase the protein content.
This wrap can be tailored to your liking. Some options are to eat it plain or mix in with some Homemade Mayo, Avocado Vinaigrette or some mustard before you wrap it up. Either way, you can't go wrong when bacon is involved!
I agree with a modified paleo/primal way of eating, but I am not endorsing eating as much bacon as you want like the die hard paleo do. I believe the saturated fat in it is healthy and is fine to eat, just not everyday. Make sure you are buying uncured bacon that is nitrate and nitrate free from a quality source. The other option is buying unprocessed turkey bacon if that suites your taste buds more.
Recipe: BLT Lettuce Wraps
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1/2 to 1 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup of tomatoes, diced
- 4 big lettuce leaves
- mayo, mustard or dressing (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients minus the lettuce in a bowl and toss with or without a condiment
- Place the filling in a lettuce leaf and roll up
Serves 2 people (2 wraps each)
Whether you opt for a BLT, BLAT or a BLATE lettuce wrap, enjoy!!!!