I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!! Now it's time to start thinking about holiday baking. I love to bake, hence all the desserts I have on my website. Check out all the holiday recipes here, including Peanut Butter Fudge, Macadamia Lace Cookies, Hazelnut Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pizzelles, Mexican Wedding Cookies and so much more!! These Flourless Chocolate Orange Cookies are fantastic and need to be added to your holiday baking list!!
Double Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 1 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops of orange essential oil (I used Wild Orange from Doterra)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life dairy free chips)
- Combine the cocoa, soda and salt in a bowl, set aside
- Place sweetener and butter in a food processor or a large bowl and mix well
- Add in the egg (whisk if using a mixing bowl), vanilla and orange oil
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine until mixed well
- Fold in chocolate chips (batter should be thick)
- Use a cookie scoop or roll dough into a ball and place dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Do not press down, they will spread
- Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack
- Store in a glass container
IT IS HOLIDAY DEAL TIME!
Many of you know I am a huge fan of Beautycounter and their safe, non toxic skin care and makeup. Not only is it safe, but it's high performing. And, they have a fantastic Black Friday sale from Nov 25th - Nov 27th. When you purchase $125 or more, you will receive a FREE Lip Sheer, color of choice ($30 value). If you purchase $250 or more , you will receive the FREE Lip Sheer, plus a FREE Rosemary Citrus Body Oil ($73 value)!! Also, they will be having a Cyber Monday Deal that will be announced Monday morning. Shop Beautycounter online for the Black Friday Deals. Please note that there is a 60 day money back guarantee on all products...so no risk to switch to safer!
Tis the season to start shopping!
While you take advantage of some great Black Friday deals you can also check off your holiday gift list with Beautycounter's elegantly packaged gift collections! From cleaner cosmetics to safer skin care there's something for everyone on your list ! Think teacher, mother in law, co-workers, babysitters, hostess, fitness instructor, sister, daughter, brother.... the list is endless. Feel good giving luxurious gifts of health that they will adore! :)
A few of my favorites:
Naughty to Nice Gift Set include the famous charcoal bar and charcoal mask. These little "lumps" of coal are pretty much the best gift you can give your skin this season. Charcoal absorbs impurities and purifies congestion without drying out skin. ($48)
Luminous Nudes Gift Set includes best selling Lip Sheer in Twig and the new LipGloss in Bare Shimmer.