I am having so much fun with my food processor and dehydrator! It's so hot here that I don't want to use the oven, so dehydrator it is! Between all the dehydrated goodies and ice cream I have been making/eating, I'm one happy girl!
I was trying to create a banana bread type cracker and ended up with taffy. I almost was going to call it banana jerky, but it's sticky once you start chewing...so taffy it is! Regardless, this makes for a great high protein satisfying snack! Feel free to add more flour and nuts or decrease the bananas to try to get it to a cracker consistency.
I have not tried this in the oven. I would suggest the lowest heat setting or dehydrator setting if your oven has that option. Spread the batter on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Depending on how hot your temp is, you may want to crack open the oven door. Or simply buy an inexpensive dehydrator, so worth it!!
Recipe: Banana Nut Protein Taffy
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup vanilla protein (I used Jay Robb's Vanilla Egg White Protein)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mash the bananas until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well
- Spread the mixture onto lined dehydrator trays
- Dehydrate at 115 for 8-10 hours or until desired texture
- Remove from trays and break into pieces. Store in a glass airtight container
Feel free to substitute the protein for more flour. The flour may absorb more liquid and make it more of a cracker.