If you like shrimp, a bit of spice and a quick and easy meal, this recipe is for you!! I am all about simple, but good when it comes to food...I may be too simple for some! Tom has said numerous times that I'm such a good cook, I laugh every time he says that...after I tell him thank you. I appreciate him saying that, but I really have a lot to still learn about cooking and technique. What I am good at is sticking to the basics and learning how to add flavor to dishes. My point is that YOU can be impressive in the kitchen, just keep it simple and spice it up!!! As long as he likes my cooking, that's all that really matters, right?
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Spicy Sauteed Shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 bunches green onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded (unless you like it hot!) and diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 – 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and dry the shrimp, set aside
- In a large skillet, saute 1 tbsp of oil/butter with the onions, garlic and jalapeno over medium heat for about a minute.
- Add the shrimp, additional oil/butter if needed and cook for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Remove from heat, squeeze fresh lime juice over the top, sprinkle with cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cilantro. Stir and serve!