Have you ever taken left over mashed potatoes and made potato pancakes the next day? I loved them, but no more potatoes for me so these "notato" pancakes made with cauliflower will have to do...and they do! If you eat white potatoes regularly, these may not do it for you and your starch addiction. Otherwise, give these a try and let me know what you think! You may also enjoy this Mashed Cauliflower Recipe next time you're craving mashed potatoes!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped and steamed
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Pat dry the steamed cauliflower to remove as much moisture as possible
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower into tiny pieces. Do not puree it!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and add the cauliflower, chives, garlic, salt and pepper and stir until combined
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil
- Once the oil is hot, spoon the mixture into the pan and press down into a pancake shape
- Cook until brown and pancake is holding together enough to flip and brown the other side
- You may need to add more oil to the pan for the second batch of pancakes
- If your batter seems too running, add a bit of coconut flour if you’d like. I prefer these to be flourless!
Serve nice and hot!